Friday, October 08, 2010

Being Thankful

Its so easy for us to complain all the time.  Its much harder to find things to be thankful for.  Its a frame of mind really. We choose how to look at life. If we stop and look at our lives we really can find even the simplest things that can take our breath away and make us feel thankful.

I know as I get older, I find holidays are difficult for me.. mainly because those I love are passing on and it leaves a void in my life.  But when I stop the negative and look, I see that I am surrounded by a funny, loving family.  I have two daughters who despite our differences, I love with all my heart, and they have given me the gift of gr.children who keep me looking at life with new eyes.  Watching them grow and learn and looking at how they see the world around them is fascinating, funny, and fills me with joy.

I have a brother who has a heart as big as the world itself, and a sense of humour to match.  I have a wonderful sister-in-law who is kind,loving and has the stamina to be married to my brother..lol   I have a niece who is strong, convicted, bold, funny, and a determined woman always trying to better her life.  She has added to the family a new husband who matches her humour and wit and loves their twin daughters and made their family whole.  When schedules allow and we can all be together for holidays there is lots of noise and an abundance of laughter.  Life really has given me lots to be thankful for.

I am also thankful for the following :


– the mute button the the tv remote so I don’t have to listen to commercials in volumes not fit for human ears.


- Air freshener for spraying the bathroom after JJ has been in there


-candles in glass jars who’s bottom doubles as a hammer when the real one is down a flight of stairs.


-cooking spray which has a hundred uses besides cooking


-scarves that can hide the neck wrinkles


-birds, because without them I would never have a reason to wash my car


-mini bags of munchies, cause now I know what 100 calories looks like


-clouds, without them JJ and I could never play look at the bunny or tiger or face game


-the wizard of OZ for teaching me that there really is “no place like home”


I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving, and you find your reasons for being thankful.


No comments: