Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Hartz almost killed Dora!

JJ's cat is Dora, she is a 6 yr.old spca rescue cat and we love her, even the dog. I noticed that she was scratching and since flea season is upon us, I got the Hartz ultra guard pro flea/tick drops out of the closet and applied to the area between her shoulder blades,as directed.  JJ and I went out to run some errands and when we came back he went down stairs to get the laundry for me and started yelling that Dora was thrashing around on the floor. I picked her up and she was frothy at the mouth, having a seizure and limp. I thought she was dying before our eyes.

I wrapped her in a warm towel and called the Vet. Since it was after hours, I had to wait for them to call me back. I grabbed my phone and shot a short video in case she died I could show the Vet what had happened to her.

She had violent seizures and horrible muscle tremors and spent 3 days in the vet hospital. They couldn't tell me if she would survive, but they would try to save her.  I'm happy to say she did live, and a week has passed and she can now jump,and acting normal, and I know she's ok, cause she is ignoring me once again..lol

I did some searching on the web and have found hundreds of pets who have died,thousands who have been burned by the products or like Dora were poisoned and suffered. I'm asking you all to share the word with everyone you know so they dont use Hartz products on their beloved pets!  How they can continue to see this product is beyond me! But its cruelty at its highest form.